Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ingrid Michaelson. Wow.

I haven't written anything on here for a very long time. This is due to a combination of excessive night duties and general slackness. But I do feel the need to share with you all the wonderful music that is Ingrid Michaelson.

On Tuesday I discovered that she was going be in Brisbane this Friday (which was yesterday) and I took my lovely sister to the gig last night and it was amazing! I haven't had the pleasure of seeing her live before and it was one of the most amazing live performances I have ever seen. If you listen to any of her songs you are immediately struck by the quality of her voice and the dreamy, quirky, beautiful lyrics of her songs. Despite their upbeat happy tunes they are often incredibly moving and have awesome imagery.

Me going on and on about her will not do her any justice, so I suggest you watch this clip of her that some lovely Brisbane resident kindly uploaded to youtube. Don't give up because of the banter at the start!!

1 comments:

The Bookworm said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! And enjoy your weekend :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/