Monday, June 21, 2010

Joshua Bell and The Academy of St Martin in the Fields

So on Sunday I went to this concert that I had been wet-your-pants excited about for months. Joshua Bell (awesome violinist) who has a Stradivarius (awesome violin), playing the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E Minor (super amazing concerto) with The Academy of St Martin in the Fields (pretty damn perfect orchestra). They also played a couple of Beethoven masterpieces but the Mendelssohn was really the highlight for me. I. Just. Loved. It.

It was a couple of hours of classical music nerd heaven for me. Plus at the end I got to meet him!!

4 comments:

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

Wow!! Look at you!! So cool!!

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

How amazing! Good for you!!

You know, I love reading your blog because you are so well rounded. You do so many interesting things. Thanks for expanding my universe. :)

Amy

Ana S. said...

I love love love violins. Sounds like an amazing experience!

Elise said...

Thanks guys, it was just so wonderful :)