Thursday, June 24, 2010

Politics and Gingers

Wow. As I'm sure most of you have heard, as it has been worldwide news, we have a new Prime Minister. A woman. A red haired woman. Yay! I don't like to get involved in political debates as they make me feel extremely uncomfortable and that whatever my opinion may be, it just MUST be invalid and that everyone else knows so much more than me about EVERYTHING. However, I do really like Julia Gillard, especially because she's a woman, especially especially because she has the same colour hair as me, but mostly because (even though she has a bogan accent) she is super intelligent and I think (really hope) she can do great things for this country.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea - I have been avoiding the news recently as it has just been packed with World Cup coverage. I hope that she does great things for Australia.

Hannah Stoneham said...

I am in the same boat as Jackie I'm afraid - in a football avoiding newsless bubble - but I am always in favour of a red head (well, mostly), for the same reason as you.

Happy Friday

Hannah

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

Congratulations on Madame Prime Minister!